Diva Noo's

The latest Noo's for the Diva Do's!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

One of My Fav's!!


I originally designed this project when my DD was in kindergarten. Now, she taught this to her K-1 class! I made this hot pad out of wooly fabric and brown canvas. They printed their handprint in brown paint, added details, and TaaDaa! A Darling Turkey HotPad for Thanksgiving! The special secret is to add cinnamon, spice & herbs inside before sewing it closed so it add a delightful aroma when it holds a hot dish!
Fun memory...when I did these in kindergarten for my DD, I looked around the room after we finished and was shocked that every child had a brown smudge on their face! I realized they had been sitting there smelling the hotpad until the cinnamon had dusted through and covered their faces! Precious!

No comments: